Meeting Minutes 8/24/18

TVMHC Monthly Meeting Minutes
Attending: Adam, Betsy, Terri, Cheryl, Liz, Renee, Jill, Myra, Candice, Rick, Brandi

Span is finishing their interviews and needs assessment, watch for the results!
Adam reported the TVMHC is likely going to receive a grant from TVHC to provide free counseling to their patients currently enrolled in the pain management program. More information to come but it will resemble the subsidized counseling program.
Child abuse conference set to take place in Teton Valley. Check with FSN for more info.
Board Strategic Planning Meeting set for tomorrow.

Crisis Counseling numbers are low…be sure to send invoices monthly.
High School counseling support is set for another year. Jen/Sara have been redecorating their office.
Jill received a grant from TVMHC to fund an art therapy group with seniors.
Abby has withdrawn from the voice program.
BHC is consolidating all their intake/assessment through SLC ie) we will no longer be speaking to intake personal from I.F.
BHC does have the ability to take a direct admit from a doctors office ie) no need for the ER (if the person is well known to the doctor, healthy, etc).

Suicide Prevention: All discussed suicide prevention ideas including an ad campaign, social media announcements and potentially a SafeTalk.

Other Business: Adam discussed a MBSR proposal by Sasha Dingle. All were in favor of spending $300 to pay for the training. Adam will send out an announcement for sign up.


Annual Meeting, 6/22/18

Attending: Rick Palmer, Brandi Daw, Betsy Hawkins, Myra Kerr, Sarah White, Jen Carter, Lou Perri, Candace Dayton, Jared Power, Julie Miller, Jennifer McCrillis, Anna Palmer, minutes by Adam Williamson.

  1. Announcements:
    Jennifer is continuing to offer equine assisted psychotherapy.
    Candace is offering three substance abuse groups per week and is extremely busy.
    Jared has a new office with Jill Runyon.
    Julie is doing an internship with span Teton Valley and may contact members of the coalition for input.
  2. Year end review:
    We reviewed the 2017 goal and compared to what we accomplished in 2018. We were able to offer DBT in the middle school, have two counselors at the high school, did professional development for middle school teachers, mental health awareness month campaign, hired a consultant, received a large art donation, did a soul span class, voice student suicide prevention training, rack cards to EMS, 137 total subsidized counseling sessions, added a girls group at the high school, equine assisted psychotherapy. Teton Valley Health Care also added BHC consultation in the ER and added a nurse practitioner to the Valley.
  3. Updates and insights gained from the consultant:
    Adam Sarah and Jan reviewed some of the updates and insights gained from our consultant including the survey results and need for more board members. Adam passed out the board requirements that was prepared by the consultant.
  4. Board member election:
    Adam proposed to the coalition members that the current chairs be voted in as board members per the consultants recommendation. Jennifer Carter made the motion to approve Adam Williamson, Jennifer McCrilils and Sarah White as board members, seconded by Jarred Power, all were in favor including current acting board chair Rick Palmer.
  5. Board approval:
    Adam reviewed the 2017 minutes and financials with some discussion. The financials were approved.
  6. Review of policies:
    The coalition members reviewed the membership policy and voted to change the language from dues to suggested donation. We also reviewed the subsidized counseling policy and the school employee assistance policy. It was suggested that Adam create a separate Google account which is secure and may be easier to submit vouchers from providers. Adam will investigate.  A motion was made to approve these policies again for 2018 and all were in favor.
  7. 2018 goals:
    The coalition members discussed goals for 2018 which include: spending down some of the art money grant, continuing DBT, another soul spin class, continue with school counselors in the high school, increase board members, legislative influence, develop Facebook page further, explain the subsidized counseling policy to more providers, move premier, board retreat, possible larger community event, underage drinking event, restructuring the coalition which may include a paid staff or standalone building for example, postvention suicide and death influence.Meeting adjourned at 1


Meeting Minutes 5/25/18

TVMHC Meeting
Friday, May 25, 2018
12:00pm – 1:00pm

Present: Adam Williamson, Jen McCrillis, Jen Carter, Myra Kerr, Betsy Hawkins, Jill Naylor-Yarger, Megan O’Brien, Jared Power

– Introduced Betsy Hawkins, the new executive director of the Community Resource Center of Teton Valley
– DBT – Jen Carter has finished the DBT skills program for the schoolyear. They did every quarter this year. Ms. Crumpin is retiring so Jen will check in with them about next year. It was beneficial to quiz at the end of each quarter. Jen was there 6 out of the 9 week quarters generally. It may be beneficial to have the current health teacher share information from the quizzes for future grants; Jen also did evaluations at the end and can use that for grants too. TV Education Foundation may be able to help with funding if it is every needed.
– Jen Carter did professional development for TMS teachers. SPAN paid the cost. She reviewed some DBT skills with the teachers, who found it helpful.
– Sources of Strength – Myra reported that Abby Williams, the new old VOICE teacher, is funded by SPAN to go to Sources of Strength training in Texas in July. Idaho Lives is also going to the training and will help reduce costs. Sources of Strength will have to be paid for Abby to give the trainings. It will be beneficial to have a trainer on site. SPAN also purchased Sources of Strength t-shirts and supplies. SPAN will do a booth at Tin Cup.
– SPAN updates
o Jill – Received a notice from SPAN Idaho about operational updates. Need to provide a quarterly fee to them of 3% of the budget. Having discussions about how the fee will be raised, with recognition that the local SPAN does not receive extensive assistance from SPAN Idaho. TVMHC and SPAN could compare donor lists to predict if there would be an effect in fundraising potential. The main local SPAN members are Jill, Myra, Renee, Jared, and Monte.
o SPAN is interested in having a gatekeeper professional sent to the 0 Suicide training to become a trainer.
o The SPAN conference is August 2nd and 3rd in Boise. There is interest in helping fund TVMHC members to go to the conference.
– Teton High School Counseling – Jen McCrillis – Sara was there Mondays and Jen was there on Thursdays. They have been working on collaborating with various needs. Sara and Jen also did a girls group, which went really well. There is good rapport with the school counselors and high school administration. It may be beneficial to connect with Basin High School more effectively.
– Mental Health Awareness Month – Teton Valley News was very helpful with ads.
– Rack cards were sent to law enforcement and EMS. They include a short suicide assessment and a list of resources.
– Annual meeting will be on the 4th Friday, June 22nd from 11am to 1pm. Location TBD. Will need to do officer elections at the annual meeting – Chair, Co-Chair, Secretary. Will also need to vote to keep the board, review the year, update goals. Lunch will be provided.
– Humanitarian Award – Send nominations to Adam and/or Jen McCrillis ASAP.
– Incite Consulting – Kari Anderson will be doing an inventory of TVMHC. This was covered by a grant from CFTV. She will meet with people in person and will send out a survey. Will review the board, as TVMHC will need more board members and likely a paid executive director.
– Art funds are still available. Counselors could apply to have therapeutic art projects funded. Jen and Sara may be able to add more art programming if they are at the high school in the future.
– Jared provided information on how biodynamic cranial therapy can help with concussions. Jared is also moving offices to a spot near Forage.

Next meeting: June 22, 2018 – 11am to 1pm. Location TBD.

Meeting Minutes 2/23/18

Teton Valley Mental Health Coalition Meeting Minutes
February 23, 2018, 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Teton Valley Realty Building

Present: Cheryl Jimeson, CMH; Jen McCrillis, VISTA; Sandi Bills; Kyle Roberts, Acqua Recovery; Adam Williamson; Ann Loyola, TVHC; Renee Liedorf, JPO; Myra Kerr, SPAN; Sarah Dunn; Monte Woolstenhulme, Teton School District; Kimberly Ovard, Adult Mental Health; Jen Carter; Megan O’Brien, CRCTV; Amy Herzog


Acqua Recovery is a Midway, UT, inpatient treatment facility for adults (19 years or older) with substance abuse issues, or with a dual diagnosis if substance abuse is the primary diagnosis for adults. They use evidence-based, individualized practices (not 12-step). The program has good success rates and is flexible with payment, even offering some scholarships. Acqua Recovery can help to facilitate detox and transfers from the valley to their facility. Counselors can call Kyle Roberts to review appropriateness of the placement, and he will help connect the client to another facility if Acqua Recovery is not an appropriate placement (i.e. because of insurance issues or for adolescents) Kyle can come to Teton Valley to meet with clients who may be interested in the program. The program is nationally recognized for its recreation therapy program and its pro-recovery diet. The facilities are excellent and the clinical and medical team is “top notch.” Kyle can be contacted at

Jen Carter may be presenting DBT at an in-service professional development day at the middle school for teachers on April 20, 2018.

Myra Kerr talked to the middle school principal about bringing Sources of Strength to the middle school. Myra reports the principal is very open to options and would like to promote positive messaging. Abby Williams has applied to be trained in Sources of Strength for this summer.

Teton Behavior Therapy is opening March 1st to provide counseling for all ages, as well as academic support, academic tutors, executive functioning classes, and 4-8 week sessions for kids with ADHD or who need help with focusing. TBT will be in Victor, across from Victor Valley Market on Main St. There will be a sliding scale fee, and they will accept insurance and are working on Medicaid. They will be starting with 3 counselors and an academic support person.

Teton High School signed and MOU with TVMHC to provide counseling support. Jen McCrillis and Sara McKeown White have been there 2 days per week for a total of 7 days and have provided a total of 44 sessions. Deb and Jacob, the school counselors, have a list of who needs help, plus there are kids that walk in as needed. Out of 44 sessions, Medicaid covered 16 sessions. 28 of the sessions were not covered by insurance. Out of the 44 sessions, 3 of them had outside counselors; 25 of them are unique clients without an outside counselor. TVMHC had expected it to be a lot of check ins, but it has been more mental health counseling and risk assessments. There is a waiting list of 17 kids that want to be seen at the school. A lot of the kids are hesitant to see outside counselors, in part because they are nervous to talk to their parents about their concerns. Sara and Jen have had challenges getting permission to talk to parents. Some details will need to be worked out (i.e. a private place, a phone to call students out of class, etc) but they have a computer and intake forms set up. There seems to be a need for expanding the program, which may be a future fundraising effort.

Renee has provided the Teton Valley Community School with info on substance abuse awareness, and they are aware that the TVMHC can provide a presentation when needed.

Myra reviewed the possibility of a spring Life Walk with the middle school principal, but they will be very busy at the school. TVMHC may need to reassess how Life Walk works and if it is worth the effort when other programs may need funding (such as the THS counseling program).

Jen Carter presented the Sandy Hook Promise program, which is a free program where trainers come to the area to teach about knowing the signs of potential violence or kids in need. TVMHC could help the schools do a week long event about connection, marginalization, recognizing kids who need support, etc. It may be a beneficial program if it can provide CEUs to teachers, although the teachers’ scheduled are booked about 2 years in advance.

YES program is available to allow children who have a mental health diagnosis to be eligible for Medicaid if their household income is up to 300% FPL. Call Liberty Healthcare for access to the program, and for group respite. Group respite is similar to an after school program to give caretakers a break. Liberty Healthcare does the assessments in the home. Children Mental Health then does the CANS assessment and person-centered planning.


Sasha Dingle and Ryan Burke are doing a 2-day Peak Performance and Self-Compassion workshop for teens on February 25th and March 11th. The group decided not to provide scholarships for teenagers since it was short notice and adolescents that would be able to attend were not identified. TV Mental Health Coalition may be able to host the training later in Teton Valley.


Sara McKeown White met with the Community Foundation of Teton Valley to get a grant to hire a facilitator to discuss the future of mental health needs in the community.











Meeting Minutes 12/15/17

Present: Jill, Jen, Sandi, Jen M, Jared, Megan, Ann, Myra. Minutes by Adam

Announcements: Ann Loyola is interested in collaborating with other non-profits to address needs such as substance abuse, access to MH counseling and school counseling.
CRC is moving to the old Ford building and co-locating with Hispanic Resource Center.

Megan is starting her private practice

Jill noted an exercise and health discussion/series in Jackson to help with addiction.

Jen is doing a “Soul Spin” class and is looking for participants. The coalition voted to approve the class which will start in Jan.

Jen C is still at the middle school doing DBT and at Basin.

Ideas for Art Grant include:
Wrap for a TRTPA bus
Paint horse contest
Scholarships for the art center/local galleria
Collage/art piece workshop (Anpeytu)
Supplies for the developmentally delayed group home (Darin K)
Comedy/singer talent night (Adam)
Supplies/contest for “Masks” and display (Jen M).

Members will continue to develop ideas for the art money to use in 2018.

Meeting Minutes 11/17/2017

Present: Dale, Rick, Brandi, Cheryl, Jen M, Candice, Jodine, Clyde, Renee, Jill, Dale, Jared. Minutes by Adam

Announcements/Introductions: BHC telementalhealth is now live!
Year end than you cards are sent
Need to expand the board

Voice students suicide prevention training:
Adam and Megan completed a safeTalk for the voice students at THS. It was a great experience and the students asked for the staff to be trained.

Art donation Discussion:
The TVMHC was awarded a large donation for art related/mental health project. Discussed the planning process to likely include adolescents, Teton Arts Center, Schools, Senior Center and Art Center.

Please review the rack cards before Adam prints and sends to first responders.

Movie Screening in Jan?
Please youtube and we will discuss next time including Resiliency, paper Tigers and screenagers.


Meeting Minutes 10/27/17

Teton Valley Mental Health Coalition Monthly Meeting with SPAN TV
Minutes, October 27, 2017|by Jill and Adam.
Members present: Cheryl, Jen C, Kimberly, Jill, Sandi, Laura, Adam, Jodene

General Announcements

  • Adam presented an exercise therapy program (Soul Spin) that was requested ffor funding by Jen M. The program will be 4 weeks, 8 classes from January 3 – 26 and will include:  40 minutes of exercise (spin bicycling) followed by 30 minutes of group discussion and processing. TVMHC board members have already approved pending a coalition vote. Adam made motion to approve, all voted in favor of funding Jens class.
  • Jen C reported on DBT at the 7th grade and also going back to Basin next semester.
  • Depression Screening update: Ideas were generated to possibly establish a regular date for depression screening.  Ideas included incorporating the Cache clinic (a cash only clinic in Driggs… $50 per visit).  Depression screenings would still be offered free of charge.  Discuss possibly posting link to on line depression screening on Mental Health Coalition webpage.
  • Donation to Mental Health Coalition. A generous donation linked to “Art” has been received.  Sarah White was instrumental in securing the donation.  A planning committee will be formed to discuss how best to utilize the donation.  Ideas generated during the meeting included:  Art Therapy for seniors and youth; Portrait drawing (pre and post treatment, counseling, program participation, etc.) that could reflect progress /healing; Art Therapy art show, developing strong partnership with Teton Arts for class development. Discussed possibly a needs assessment before planning.
  • New Psychologist Nurse Practioner. Anna Palmer has joined the staff at the hospital / clinic and will be providing services every Friday starting in November.
  • Equine Therapy. Moving forward.  Received small grant and is applying for others.  Currently working with families and women who are victims of domestic violence.
  • Report on Changes to Children’s Mental Health Service: Upcoming changes to additional services that will be covered under Medicaid were discussed. Changes are approaching as of January 1, 2018; however, there is still great discussion of how these services may or may not be rolled out based on the uncertainty of the level of Medicaid funding
  • Laura reported there is still room for her women’s group at FSN.
  • Suicide Prevention Training: The Voice program at the high school has requested safe talk training.  Adam Williamson will deliver the training in two 1.5-hour sessions, Friday November 9 and Friday November 17.  The total cost of the training is $553 which includes a training fee and books for participants.  SPAN TV will cover this cost as approved by the SPAN TV board.
  • Suicide Prevention Walk: The Voice program at the high school has requested that the Suicide Prevention Walk be moved from fall to spring.  The fall schedule for students is very crowded with home coming, beginning classes, and the start of many sporting activities.  A spring walk will allow students to prepared well in advance for the walk and also allow them an opportunity to assume greater ownership of the Suicide Prevention walk.  Additionally, the Voice program has requested lead up training, such as the Safe Talk training being offered in November, to assist them in greater understanding of their roles in Suicide Prevention.

Upcoming Meeting Dates:

Due to holidays the MHC/SPAN TV will meet on the third Friday of the month

Friday, November 17   noon – 1:00

Friday, December 15 .. noon – 1:00

Meeting Minutes 8/25/17

August 25, 2017 Meeting Minutes 12:00pm – 1:05pm
Minutes by Megan and Jill

Present: Adam Williamson; Brandi Daw, BHC; Myra Kerr, SPAN; Jill Nayler Yarger, SPAN; Jen McCrillis; Cheryl Jennison, Children’s Mental Health; Bruce Mason, retired counselor and chair of Seniors West of the Tetons; Renee Leidorf, Juvenile Probation and SPAN; Sandi Bills; Virinia Wood, TRPTA; Jen Carter


Mental health symposium in Idaho Falls on Sept 15th will offer 6 free CEUS; there will be another symposium in Pocatello on the 14th. The memorial walk and 5k fundraiser will be on the 15th in Idaho Falls.

Megan will teach a Principles of Parenting class through EITC but needs at least 6 participants or it will be cancelled. TRPTA may be able to help with transport.

Systems of Care will be from 1:30pm – 3:00pm in place of TCMHC meeting in September due to SWOT’s new Friday lunch.

Teton High School has hired a new counselor. Megan will invite the school counselors to TVMHC meetings.

TVMHC did well at Tin Cup with about $6,000 raised.

Equine therapy is available with Jen Carter. Pricing is flexible.

SPAN and TVMHC will continue to work towards merging. The local SPAN board has been supportive, although there are some questions about how to do accounting. Will likely start with keeping the money separate. SPAN TV and TVMHC will continue to meet together the last Friday of the month and plan various strategies for addressing Suicide Prevention and Mental Health issues throughout Teton Valley. However, Tin Cup funds will be held separately and SPAN TV will continue to employ an accountant to generate expense reports and follow through with the Suicide Prevention activities planned for the upcoming year.  Myra Kerr, Renee Leidorf and Jill Naylor Yarger will attend each joint meeting and give reports on activities and upcoming events. The members of the Mental Health Coalition will continue to provide support services and join in the activities whenever possible. The merger, in many ways, would be a formalization of the ongoing involvement of both organization in their common goals and services. SPANTV and TVMHC have always collaborated and both organizations have been involved with each other’s meetings and services.  At this time, the only major change is the common joint meeting time.

Suicide Prevention Walk will likely occur in October. TVMHC will organize a social media campaign through Facebook ads, and will use the Rock your Role and/or the Be the 1 To campaigns. Myra will call the school to set a date and pitch info to VOICES to see if they can take some more responsibility for aspects of the event. Kids will design tshirts. Adam will find a guest speaker. Will shoot for October 12, 2017. May change where the students walk from due to time constraints.  Although September is Suicide Prevention Month, the LYFE (Love Yourself ForEver) walk is always held the second Thursday of October. The walk is promoted and lead through collaboration of SPAN TV and the VOICES program at the high school.  Last year’s walk involved over 150 high school students and school administrators and community members.  The march starts at the Gazebo on Main Street in Driggs where T-shirt’s with the Prevent Suicide/SPAN TV motto is displayed are distributed to all participants. After a short address by a guest speaker the students, carrying posters supporting the Suicide Prevention theme of the march, begin their march down Main Street.  The march continues to the stop light where participants cross the intersection and march down the other side of Main Street and return to the Gazebo for pizza.

Suicide Awareness Month is September. TVMHC could provide mental health info at liquor stores and to bartenders. Renee will find out if bartenders are required to have some training; TVMHC could piggyback on ISP training.

Sara and Jen will make up fundraising committee. TVMHC will review interest/availability in having a spring fundraiser.

SPAN may have money for a grief, loss, trauma support.

Jen Carter will solidify potential funders and budget for middle school DBT group.


Annual Meeting 6/23/17

Those present: Adam W, Jenn M, Sara M, Sandi B, Mrya, Jared Powers, Laura McKee, Megan O, Jill, Candace D, Jodine, Jenn C


The CRC is now open full time! Tuesday through Friday 9-4. The CRC just opened their 90th case management file!
The bilingual interpreters all passed the WY written test. They still need to pass a phone interview
Jennifer McCrillis is now licensed and seeing clients.
The TVMHC website is getting about 250-300 visits per month.
Mental Wellness is moving into the old Ford building as soon as it’s ready.
Jared Powers, who is a Certified Structural Integration Practitioner, is now in the valley and offering his services.

2016 Year in Review
We created a logo, banner, and stress balls!
Screenagers was a huge success.
Ted Talk, DBT Group, LYFE Walk, CIT Training, Depression Screening, and the coalition served about 30 individuals for subsidized counseling. Another amazing

Elections for 2017

Adam W Chair; Jennifer McCrillis co-chair motioned by Sara M, seconded by Laura M; Megan O’Brien secretary motioned by Jenn C, seconded by Sara M

New Board Members: Adam suggested Teri Reiley- he will be in contact.  Also Charlie Shinkle although he is still living in Jackson so not likely at this point.

Adam discussed SPAN’s wishes to merge with the TVMHC into one non-profit. We will need to figure out the best way to join non-profits, and do we want to keep SPAN or go a different route for suicide prevention?  Merging will be best after Tin Cup.  Efforts already seemed combined, so we decided to make it official. All member voted for merging SPAN and TVMHC. Renee will be in contact about the next steps as they still need to make some changes at the state level.

We reviewed budget and we are doing really well. Still have grant money through the county and tin-cup this year.
Received a $1500 donation from Gotham Girls Roller Derby in memory of Jennifer Nally. We have decided to split that donation with the Family Safety Network.
We need membership dues! Also, please send copies of insurance and professional license to Adam. The school requests that we also sign new forms every year.

2017 Goals 

Resiliency Screening and Screenagers? Adam received an email from Screenagers offering a discount if we show it again. We can look into using the school auditorium. Sara suggested doing an annual TCMHC fundraiser.  Need to discuss the best time of year to do this. Fundraising committee: Sara M, Candace, Sandi, Jill.
Jenn C and the school would like to keep the DBT group going in the middle school.  Need to find out if the grant can be written through the Education Foundation.
Jenn M would like to run a therapy exercise program through the Spin Cave.
Megan will be running a parenting program in September.
We need to create of grief baskets so they are available to the community.

Upcoming 4th of July parade: Sara, Jenn M and Adam. Jenn will complete the application. Sandi will purchase the candy. We always run out so let’s get some more this year!

Meeting Adjured at 11:25AM

Meeting Minutes 4/28/17

Those present: Jen C, Jenn M (minutes), Sara M, Rene L, Kimberly from Region 7 Adult Mental Health, Adam W, Mrya K

Tin Cup: The TVMHC was approved for the Tin Cup. We may need to put in some volunteer hours. We could share a booth with SPAN. Set up is at 7:30, starts at 9. July 15th. Adam will email the Community Foundation to see if we can still have our own booth. Update: All the booth spots are taken, SPAN has agreed to let us share.
Trauma informed care training: May 18,19 in Jackson.
Humanitrian Center (Idaho Falls) are coming up to share some of their resources/ideas
on 5/3/16. Jen M will send Mrya contact information for One Voice for Autism, and Jackson Hole Behavioral Services.
Sara M. is the new WRAP Coordinator for juvenile probation.

Annual Meeting: Annual meeting to be held on June 23rd from 10-11:30 am at the Teton County Courthouse, before the Systems of Care meeting. We will review memberships, set goals, review the budgt and vote.

Eclipse/Crisis Response: Should we think about organizing a crisis response team? Myra will bring up in the next meeting. Not sure if the mental health aspect has been addressed by the county. The valley is expecting 50,000 people. Renee to talk to Greg Adams.

13 reasons: Discusison regarding 13 reasons movie on Netflix. Decision to not hold speical event; instead, Jen C will post on facebook, guidelines for parents and how to respond to the Netflix series. We will talk to the school to see if they need some support.  Update: Adam talked to Monte who will make sure the school counselor have the guidelines.

Annual Award Committee: Rick, Faren, and Adam. Adam will send out an email with information regarding the Annual Award, so keep an eye out! Update-Adam sent out the announcment and many nominations have already came!

Reviewed budget. No changes in this area.

Adjurned at 1:05 PM.